Monday, January 7, 2019

Paige Patterson Issues Statement Addressing Recent Events


Former Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary President Paige Patterson released a statement in late November addressing a statement from Kevin Ueckert, chairman of Southwestern’s board. 

“While I do not have any interest in continued dialogue related to Southwestern’s Trustees or officials, I do always want the whole story to be told,” Patterson wrote.  “As Chairman Ueckert indicated in his recent letter to Southwestern’s donors, I am deeply appreciative for anything that the trustees did to recognize my 42 years of training preachers and missionaries in the denomination, including 15 years at Southwestern Seminary. 

“I was unable,” Patterson continued, “to accept the Executive Committee’s proposed settlement agreements because all contained a strict nondisclosure clause.  I have launched no campaign against Southwestern and do not intend to do so.  But neither will I sign a statement that commits my family and me to positions that we cannot guarantee.  One wonders what I have done to generate such a request.  I would have thought the trustees would know me well enough after 42 years to know that I would never sign such an agreement.  Nevertheless, for this reason, I was unable to accept the proposed settlement agreements.” 
-article in Southern Baptist Texan, January, 2019, print copy, p. 13.  

-David R. Brumbelow, Gulf Coast Pastor, January 7, AD 2019. 

Update:
Paige Patterson Responds to Houston Chronicle
Mohler, Akin apologize for backing accused leader


Articles:


Other Articles in lower right margin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?