1. God said to be sober (1 Thessalonians 5:6; 1 Peter 5:8).
2. We are to love God with all our minds (Mark 12:30). Alcohol impairs that mind.
3. It is expensive (Proverbs 23:21).
4. It makes you do foolish things you would never do in your right mind (Proverbs 23:29-35).
5. It is dangerous and addictive (Proverbs 20:1).
6. It hurts your testimony; you influence others to drink; you often harm others (Romans 14:21).
7. Drugs should not be used for recreation and pleasure.
8. Never take that first drink, and you will never become a problem drinker.
9. Drinking supports an industry that has destroyed untold thousands.
10. Not drinking is prudent and wise (Proverbs 20:1; 22:3).
11. You should rely on God, not drugs (Psalm 11:1).
-David R. Brumbelow, author of Ancient Wine and the Bible: The Case for Abstinence. gulfcoastpastor.blogspot.com
(Permission granted to reprint this article in full with attribution.)
-David R. Brumbelow, Gulf Coast Pastor, April 17, AD 2017.
More Articles in lower right margin.