1. Stop worrying about catastrophic global warming / climate change. You can have a long, happy life if you stop buying the hype left-wing environmentalists are selling. Yes, there is plenty wrong with the world, but it is also filled with love, happiness, freedom, beauty.
2. When I was a little younger than you, I was taught catastrophic global cooling! Curiously, I do not recall any of the experts apologizing to me when they changed their minds and began teaching the opposite, global warming; or when they then switched to climate change.
3. As far as rising sea levels, it is interesting that even climate change promoter President Obama just paid millions for ocean-front property. Apparently, he is not as concerned as he has previously appeared. Meanwhile the ice caps and glaciers wax and wane. The media never seem to emphasize the places where ice is actually increasing.
4. Proponents of climate change regularly fly private jets, own gas guzzling vehicles, etc., revealing their hypocrisy.
5. Fossil fuels, if they were discovered today, would be considered eco-friendly. Patrick Moore, a former Greenpeace activist, said, “If fossil fuels were banned every tree in the world would be cut down for fuel for cooking and heating,"
6. God’s Word assures us in Genesis 8:22, “While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, and day and night shall not cease” (NKJV).” You can find much comfort, truth, assurance in the Bible.
7. Even relatively recent history (last 300 years or so) tells us weather goes in cycles and the climate changes regardless of man. We have warming, cooling, stormy, rainy, drought cycles.
8. We should all be against pollution. May we support reasonable environmentalism, while wisely using the resources God has given us. For years I have planted fruit trees, shade trees, native grass and flowers, gardened, and enhanced the environment for wildlife. I encourage others to do the same.
9. I challenge you to consider the other side of climate change and man-caused global warming. A good, free place to begin is the Cornwall Alliance: For the Stewardship of Creation (cornwallalliance.org).
Greta, regardless, may you have a long, happy, fulfilling life, with just enough struggle to make you strong.
David R. Brumbelow
Note: Greta Thunberg (born AD 2003) is Swedish and an environmental activist. She recently told the United Nations: “This is all wrong. I shouldn't be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean. Yet you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you!
You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you!”
-David R. Brumbelow, gulfcoastpastor.blogspot.com, September 24, AD 2019.
Other Articles in lower right margin.