Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

A Little Fellow Follows Me

A careful man I ought to be,
A little fellow follows me.
I do not dare to go astray,
For fear he’ll go the self-same way.

I cannot once escape his eyes,
What’er he sees me do he tries.
Like me some day he’s going to be,
That little chap who follows me.

I must remember as I go,
Through summer’s sun and winter’s snow,
I’m building for the years to be,
Cause a little fellow follows me.
-Unknown


Write a Letter
Write a letter to your son / daughter on their 12th birthday.
Tell them how proud you are of them. Be specific.
Tell them about the most important things in life.
Date it (month, day, full year) and sign it.
Keep a copy or two, just in case they get mad at you in their teen years and throw it away!
It may or may not mean a lot to them today.
It will probably mean the world to them in 30 or 40 years.

Don’t know the source of “Write a Letter” but it is great advice. It can be used at other ages as well.

It has been said, “A dad is someone who has photos in his wallet where he used to have money.” My dad used to say, “I invested all my money in three boys.” Investing your money, time, love in your family - that is about the best investment out there.

To all dads, Happy Father’s Day!

A man shall be as a hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest; as rivers of water in a dry place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land. -Isaiah 32:2

-David R. Brumbelow, Gulf Coast Pastor, June 17, AD 2009.

PS - To those traveling to the SBC, hope to see some of you there. Leave a few Gospel tracts along the way, and tell somebody in Louisville about Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?