1. You are created in the image of God. Yes, you! You have great worth. Life is precious.
2. Don’t let anyone or anything ruin your life. Hang in there, keep going. Sometimes the best revenge is simply to live a good, happy life. There are victims, and there are volunteers. Don’t be a volunteer. Refuse to be a victim.
3. Though times are tough, they almost always get better.
4. Suicide is devastating to family and friends. I remember a man telling of the suicide of a close relative. Though the suicide had taken place years before, I could still see the pain in his eyes.
5. Suicide may encourage someone else to do the same.
6. Suicide destroys the handiwork of God. It is the murder of yourself.
7. Others care more than you know. Some people especially like you, and you don’t even know it.
8. Help is available from church, school, family, friends. Pastors, Youth Ministers, Teachers, Counselors, Relatives are ready to help, if you just ask. Some of those old people may have just the answer you’re looking for. Spend a little time with them.
9. The Bible is God’s letter to you. In its pages you will find strength, hope, truth, love, joy. Start reading in the Gospel of John or Luke. Check out Psalms and Proverbs. There’s stuff in there you never imagined. My favorite translation is the New King James Version (NKJV).
10. God has a plan, great plans, for your life. You’re just getting started.
11. Have you made a mess of things? You’re not the first. God forgives and is in the restoration business.
12. Jesus Christ, God the Son, loves you so much He gave His life for you. Trust Him. Together you can handle anything.
13. Don’t throw away your future. Be patient. You will never know what you can accomplish in your 20s, 40s, 60s, until you get there.
Life gets messy and complicated, but you are loved.
-David R. Brumbelow, Gulf Coast Pastor, May 4, AD 2017.
Need help with the issue of suicide?
Find help at a good church. Attend every Sunday.
Check out Focus on the Family, a Christian, Family oriented organization.
More articles in lower right margin.