Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Why Abortion Is Wrong

1. Abortion kills a living human being.
  
2. All humans are made in the image of God. 

3. All human life is sacred and should be treated with respect.

4. Human life is not to be taken without just cause.

5. Abortion coarsens society. 

6. Abortion causes great harm to the mother, and often great harm to the father and the doctors and nurses who perform abortions.

Holy Scripture related to abortion
So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 

-Genesis 1:27 NKJV

Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
-Psalm 100:3

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
-Psalm 127:3

13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
-Psalm 139:13-16

A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood. 

-Proverbs 6:17

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer,
And He who formed you from the womb:
“I am the Lord, who makes all things,
Who stretches out the heavens all alone,
Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;
-Isaiah 44:24

“Listen, O coastlands, to Me,
And take heed, you peoples from afar!
The LORD has called Me from the womb;
From the matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.
-Isaiah 49:1


4 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying:
5 “ Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
-Jeremiah 1:4-5

41 And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
44 For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. 

-Luke 1:41, 44

19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. 

-1 Corinthians 6:19-20

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace. 

-Galatians 1:15

-David R. Brumbelow, Gulf Coast Pastor, April 6, AD 2016. 

Why Wait?
Adrian Rogers on Alcohol, Drinking, Wine 


More articles in lower right margin.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?