Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Brief Word On Atheism And Unbelief

From time to time I receive comments in favor of atheism. Sometimes a long involved argument in favor of atheism. There are some very evangelistic, militant atheists out there. 

On this site I do not intend to go into great detail and debate the intricate arguments for atheism. Some will believe in Christ and the Bible, and some will not. But for the honest doubter with sincere questions about the evidence for Christianity, the Bible, and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, I have good news. The evidence is great. I challenge you to consider this evidence.

I would refer anyone with such questions to the books:
 
“I Don’t Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist” by Norman Geisler & Frank Turek
“Evidence that Demands a Verdict” by Josh McDowell.
“The Case for Christ” by Lee Strobel.
An interesting children’s book is “Yellow and Pink” by William Steig.

As one atheist admitted, “What concerns me is that so many intellectual, brilliant people do believe in God, Christianity, and the truthfulness of the Bible.”

It has been said if you believe the first four words of the Bible (“In the beginning God”), then everything falls into place and makes sense. Reject the first four words of the Bible, and life is meaningless and nothing really makes sense.

While concrete evidence for the literal, bodily Resurrection of Jesus Christ abounds (as well as much evidence for the trustworthy nature of the Bible), it is also true that salvation comes down to faith, trust, in Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Jesus died for all, and I wish and pray that all may know Him and the power of His Resurrection.

-David R. Brumbelow, Gulf Coast Pastor, November 11, AD 2014.   

1 comment:

  1. Spot on with this write-up, I really believe that this site needs far
    more attention. I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the information!

    Feel free to visit my web-site ... Ricky Salvador

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?