But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him? My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. -1 John 3:17-18 NKJV
In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. -1 John 4:9
1. Different kinds of love in the Greek language
Eros - erotic / sensual kind of love
Phileo - friendship kind of love
Agape - highest form of love
2. Another way of distinguishing love
1. I love you if…
2. I love you because…
3. I love you period.
3. Love is spelled COMMITMENT.
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. -John 15:13
4. True love between a married couple allows no one or no thing to come between them.
Your spouse is the most important person in the world to you.
More important than parents, relatives, friends. More important than your children. Doesn’t mean neglect children, but love your spouse. Most important thing a man can do for his kids is to love their mother. See what Jesus said about marriage - Mark 10:6-9.
5. We are to love God will all our hearts, and our neighbor as ourselves. Matthew 22:37-39; John 13:34; Philippians 1:9
More info at: FocusOnTheFamily.com
-David R. Brumbelow, Gulf Coast Pastor, February 12, AD 2014.
More Articles in lower right margin.