(Flyers, pamphlets that present a Christian message.)
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth: It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. -Isaiah 55:11
1. They can plainly present Scripture, the Gospel, the love of Jesus Christ.
2. Can be left anywhere and shared with anyone.
3. There are tracts for all different kinds of needs.
4. Can be used to help you as you verbally present the plan of salvation.
5. After you have witnessed to someone, a tract can be left with the person to back up what you have just presented.
6. Can be taken home, reread, or passed along to others.
7. When they are labeled (rubber stamp or address label with church name and address) they can help advertise your church.
8. Tracts are inexpensive and can be easily used.
9. A tract has the potential to go on witnessing to someone long after you are gone.
10. Even if the person cannot read or does not know the language, he can get someone else to read or translate it to him.
* Will everyone be won to Christ with a tract? No, of course not. But some will! Or, it may be one of a number of things that brings the person to Christ. This is not the only effective means of witnessing, but it is one of them.
* You can keep tracts handy and in good shape by storing them in a zip lock plastic bag in your car, purse, etc.
* A friendly, personal word to the person to whom you give the tract, usually makes them more likely to read it.
* Always be on your best behavior when using tracts; otherwise you hinder rather than help the cause of Christ.
* Always pray for those receiving the tracts.
-David R. Brumbelow, Gulf Coast Pastor, April 25, AD 2011.