Below is a letter sent to President George W. Bush in January, 2009. It was also published in the area newspaper, The Facts, Clute, Lake Jackson, TX.
Dear President George W. Bush,
Thank you for your service to our country these last eight years. I especially appreciate:
1. Your strong pro-life conviction. This was reflected in your speeches, personal stand, executive orders, signing into law pro-life measures, vetoes, and appointments.
2. Your Supreme Court appointments that showed respect for the sanctity of human life and judicial restraint.
3. Your conduct of the War Against Terrorism. I believe the terrorists were amazed at how you stood strong and struck back so forcefully.
4. Keeping our country safe from terrorism since the 9-11 attack. It is remarkable that our country has not suffered another major terrorist attack since 9-11-2001. I think that is no accident.
5. Bringing dignity and integrity to the White House.
6. Your support of marriage only being between one man and one woman.
7. Your personal faith in our Lord.
May God bless you, Laura and your family in the days ahead.
David R. Brumbelow,
Highlands, Texas 77562
January 27, 2009
-David R. Brumbelow, Gulf Coast Pastor, September 7, AD 2010.