Sunday, February 14, 2010

Peter Lumpkins on Wit & Wisdom of Pastor Joe Brumbelow

My dad was a longtime, small church pastor in Texas. He was never famous, but, in my humble opinion, God used him greatly. All three of his sons are pastors. Many of the stories in his life and ministry were too good to let them be forgotten. So, after his death, I wrote a book about his life.

Just last week a lady wrote me of how as a little girl of about 10 years old, she trusted Jesus as her Saviour and was baptized by my dad at Doverside Baptist Church, Houston, TX. This would have been around 1960. About her baptism she said, “I don’t know who was crying the most me or Brother Joe.”

Peter Lumpkins has written some gracious words about The Wit and Wisdom of Pastor Joe Brumbelow, Hannibal Books. A link to his blog is listed in the right hand column of Gulf Coast Pastor. You can click the following to read his article: The Wit & Wisdom of Pastor Joe Brumbelow: A Brief Booknote by Peter Lumpkins (2-12-2010).

-David R. Brumbelow, Gulf Coast Pastor, February 14, AD 2010.

Wit And Wisdom Of My Dad (Wit & Wisdom of Pastor Joe Brumbelow, the book)
Other articles in lower right hand margin under Gulf Coast Pastor Articles (Labels).

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet story. Praying all is well. selahV

    ReplyDelete
  2. SelahV,
    Thanks for checking in.

    Lately I've been a little slow in my writing. An aunt has passed away, my mother's been in the hospital, and more. You know how things can sometimes stack up for a pastor. Mom is now at home and slowly making progress.

    Don't worry, you all will have to be reading my stuff again soon :-). I've got a great old story to tell in a day or two.
    David R. Brumbelow

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?