Friday, June 5, 2009

Welcome To Gulf Coast Pastor

About the blog
Gulf Coast Pastor will primarily be about spiritual themes. It will cover subjects in the Bible, the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), and hopefully articles that will encourage young pastors and new believers in Jesus Christ. I am a big believer in us knowing what we believe and why we believe it. I believe in keeping things simple so the common man can easily understand. I’m pretty common myself.

I enjoy gardening, growing and grafting fruit trees, and the outdoors, so some of that may slip in. I grew up hunting, fishing, trapping. I enjoy history. “The earth is the Lord’s, and all it’s fullness” (Psalm 24:1), so I reserve the right to post on most any subject.

I admit I’m not the best at grammar. But if you understand what I write, then maybe my grammar’s not so bad after all.

I enjoy dry humor and that is not always easily conveyed in print. I will not always use the :-) symbol when I’m joking. So if my comments upset you, consider that I may be just kidding. Or, that I’m getting old and crotchety. But I attempt to “speak the truth in love” (Galatians 4:15).

About Brumbelow
David R. Brumbelow is pastor of a small Southern Baptist church in Highlands, Texas, USA (Northside Baptist Church) and a graduate of Sam Houston High School, Houston; East Texas Baptist University, Marshall (B.A.); and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas (M.Div.).

David is the author of a book about his dad, The Wit and Wisdom of Pastor Joe Brumbelow, Hannibal Books, 2005. Read my book and you’ll probably know more than you ought to know about me and my family :-). 
Update:  He is also author of Ancient Wine and the Bible: The Case for Abstinence, Free Church Press. 

I grew up in a preacher’s home. My two brothers are also pastors. I believe it is a great privilege to serve as pastor.

Rules of Engagement
1. For now comments are moderated.
2. You’re welcome to comment, agree, disagree, question.
3. Keep it respectful; keep the language clean.
4. I use my name, I expect you to use yours.
5. Anonymous commenters will be on a short leash. If you have good reason to be anonymous, contact me and explain why.
6. I'm learning blogging as I go, so be patient.

Contact Me
Email: brazos77566[at]gmail[dot]com 
Mail: P.O. Box 300, Lake Jackson, Texas 77566 USA.
Cell Phone:  281/705-3433

Check out the articles at this site in the lower right margin.  Thanks for stopping by. 

UPDATE: To whom it may concern,
Upon my untimely death, it is my wish and testament that Gulf Coast Pastor remain on the internet and all articles remain open and accessible to any who desire to read them. My hope and prayer is that they be a help and blessing for many years to come. I’m not planning on dying anytime soon, but just wanted to get this on record. 
Also, as long as you give attribution, you are welcome to use these articles if you find them helpful.
-David R. Brumbelow, Gulf Coast Pastor, 2-24-AD 2016. 

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland, David. A lot of pastors have dry humor. It's required, isn't it? :) selahV

    ReplyDelete
  2. SelahV,
    Thanks so much for your encouragement and helping me get started with a blog. You don’t know how much I appreciate it. But I have a long way to go; so you all be patient with me.
    David R. Brumbelow

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, I will definitely be patient with you. Ya just have to be patient with yourself and me. Ha. I still have a lot to learn myself. I'm glad we finally got you up and running. selahV

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?